“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.”
This begins the Sermon on the Mount or -- as some teachers have called it -- “The Constitution of the Kingdom of God.”
• Why does the Gospel of Matthew begin by saying, “And he opened his mouth and taught them?”
• What does it mean to be “Blessed?”
• What does the phrase “poor in spirit” mean in the Aramaic language?
• What are the five major meanings of the word “spirit?”
• What is “the Kingdom of Heaven?”
• How can we participate in it?
These topics and more will be touched upon in this fascinating series.
Based on the book THE KINGDOM ON EARTH by Dr. George M. Lamsa, written when he was at Unity Village.
Each class stands by itself.
ABSOLUTELY NO RECORDING ALLOWED.
Wyming P. Sun, linguist and pupil of Dr. Rocco Errico will lecture on these passages from Chapters Five, Six, and Seven of The Gospel According to Saint Matthew. These presentations will be full of telling phrases that will linger in the memory and rise to aid you in your daily living just when you need it most.
|Class Fee||$ 20.00|